There are plenty of escape rooms in Toronto. But those in this list aren’t your average puzzles. These are for folks who like a terrifying twist and don’t mind being scared…to death.
Toronto’s Spookiest Escape Rooms
Hijinks has compiled a list of the spookiest experiences in Toronto. But be warned: some of these rooms are so scary, you’ll need a stiff drink to take the edge off after. The list includes:
- Butcher’s Basement, at Yonge and Dundas
- Where Dark Things Dwell, at Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Charlotte, a murder mystery at Yonge and Dundas
- Noriko, a Japanese-themed haunted house in North York
- Unmasked (what’s hiding behind the mask?), in Richmond Hill
No Way Out
Just south of Toronto, in Mississauga near Toronto Pearson Airport, this company has created a variety of themed experiences. You can try to escape a serial killer (advertised as Canada’s scariest escape room), survive a simulated earthquake, or try to outwit zombies.
Just east of Toronto, in Courtice, this company offers four themed experiences. Of special interest is Cabin in the Woods, which contains unsettling effects, witchcraft, and occult symbolism.